Toner Cartridge Recycling
Please click here to download the promotional poster.
Wayne State has partnered with OfficeMax to bring a campus-wide recycling effort to capture all used toner cartridges from University printers and fax machines. The program accepts any brand cartridge. For your convenience, used cartridges can be dropped off at designated locations within participating buildings. Once full, the box is picked up and a rebate is then provided to the participating unit. The process is simple and easy.
If you want your building to be involved in the program, here’s how it works:
- Contact your Unit’s Business Manager to receive approval to enroll in the program
- Enroll in the program by emailing your interest to email@example.com
- Receive username and password to access dedicated site to ordering materials (i.e. boxes, shipping labels)
- Select location for the recycling box
- Strategically place toner cartridge recycling posters
- Monitor the quantity of cartridges in the box
- Once full, contact the shipping company to pick up the box(es) and/or order additional boxes
- A rebate check made payable to Wayne State University will be mailed to the Unit’s Business Office after OfficeMax receives and processes the cartridge-filled box(es)
Please click here to view a presentation on the program.
Program benefits include:
- An easy, free way of recycling cartridges and protecting the environment
- Acceptance of all brands of empty printer cartridges including original HP, Brother, and Lexmark, as well as used cartridges from other manufacturers
- Cartridges are returned through the program and remanufactured into a new cartridge or recycled
- Rebates that are provided to the Business Office of each participating unit
If you would like to have a toner cartridge recycling box in your office, please check with your Business Manager to see if your department participates in the program.
For questions about the WSU-OfficeMax Toner Cartridge Recycling Program, please call (313) 577-5068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.